Asahi India Glass Limited Detail
As per the Company website it is India’s leading integrated glass solutions company and a dominant player both in the automotive glass and architectural glass segments. It commands over 70% share in the Indian automotive glass market.
The Company is a Joint Venture between Asahi Glass Company limited, Maruti Suzuki India and Labroo family.
Below are the product segments and service segments of this Company
- Automotive Glass products
- Laminated Windshields
- Tempered Glass for Sidelite and backlite
- Architectural Glass products
- Clear Glass and Tinted Glass
- Solar Control and Heat reflective Glass, mirrors, frosted and lacquered glass types
- Wind Shield Experts
- It is India’s first and largest car windscreen repair & replacement network in India with presence across 32 cities and 56 conveniently located service centers.
- Glass Experts
- India’s only provider of lifestyle solutions in glass architecture, whose offerings span across Privacy, Aesthetic, Window, Security, Acoustic and Energy-efficiency solutions.
- 4G Solutions
- Solutions that includes consultation services, glass selection & processing, and glass integration, installation and service
- AIS Windows
- Range of High Performance uPVC door and window solutions that includes Acoustic Window Solutions, Privacy Window Solutions,Energy Efficient Window Solutions, Safety and Security Window Solutions and Custom Window Solutions.
I have shared long term price performance chart of the Company below.As per Dow theory of technical analysis price performance over a period of time reflects Company state.
Asahi India Glass Limited Stock Performance
The Company is a multi bagger. The best performance years can be divided into two parts first is from year 2000 to 2008 and second from year 2013 to till date. During first iteration the Company reached 100 INR price point in 8 years from penny value of 20 paisa. This was an excellent return by any standard.
The period from 2008 to 2013 witnessed slowness and negative performance by the Company. During this period it does touched 100 price point once but again slowed down and lost 67% of its market price by trading near 30 mark.
From that 30 INR mark Company reached 400 price point in short span of time. It gave more than 10 times return in last few years.The dividend yield of Company is also excellent and consistent by the Company.
Asahi India Glass Limited My Opinion
Asahi India Glass Limited is a Glass sector Company. The Parent Asahi Glass is one of the major Glass Company in World. The Company operates in multiple verticals like Automotive Glass, Architectural Glass, Consumer Glass and Solar Glass.
All these are growth verticals. Many commercial buildings as well as Residential apartments are shifting to Glass due to better looks (reflective surface and colored glass adds to beauty). Automotive Glass sector is dependent on Growth in Automobile sector.Most analyst are bullish on the sector. So this segment will see growth as well.
Solar Glass sector may be one of the booming sector due to increasing focus on Renewal sources of Energy like Sunlight. The Solar Glass demand will pick up with increasing shift towards this mode of energy.
Along with products it also provides services which is yet another revenue stream for the Company. So far I have not invested in Glass sector but it seems to be an interesting Company. Note the parents of Company are Multinational Companies so Corporate Governance issues will not be present.I will be tracking this Company for more fine grained view.
In case you are interested then you can track the company by adding it to your stock watch list. That way you can keep close eye on the Company.