Bharat Bijlee Limited Detail
As per the Company website it has two primary business segments: Power Systems that comprise Transformers and Projects divisions, and Industrial Systems segment comprising Electric Motors, Drives & Industrial Automation and Elevator Systems divisions..
Below is brief idea about areas of operations in which Company operates in
- Elevator Systems
- First Indian manufacturer of gearless Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors (PMSM) for elevators
- It exports these machines across the world via PERMAGSA of Spain
- It has two product range of Elevator system GreenStar and SynchroTorq
- Drives and Automation
- It has partnered with KEB of Germany for distribution of variable frequency drivers. It provides DC Drives and Servo system solutions.
- Servo Systems have application in Plastics, Textiles, Metals, Packaging, Wind Energy and Machine Tools.
- Electric Motors
- It offers a complete range of motors from 0.12kW to 1250kW that are used across industries and applications.
It specializes in manufacturing Power Transformers, Generator Transformers, Unit Auxiliary Transformers and Special Application Transformers.
- It provides turnkey solutions for EHV switchyards, HV and MV substations, Electrical Balance of Plant, Industrial Power Distribution and Illumination Systems.
I have shared long term price performance chart of the Company below.As per Dow theory of technical analysis price performance over a period of time reflects Company state.
Bharat Bijlee Limited Stock Performance
The stock gave stellar returns from year 2000 to 2008.From double digit price of 18 INR in year 2000 it rose to 4 digits price of close to 4,000 in year 2008. So in 8 years it gave phenomenal return of more than 200 times.
The juggernaut was stopped by Global Crisis and stock prices dropped by massive almost more than 80% and stock began trading near 300 price point. The stock has not reached that price point till date. It has only recovered 25% of the value it once had before the Global crisis.
This stock is excellent testimony to fact that we should invest at right price to get positive returns.Investors have made money and have also lost money great deal if invested in wrong price point.
Bharat Bijlee Limited My Opinion
Bharat Bijlee Limited is a Electrical sector Company. The Company has presence in multiple sub verticals within the Electrical sector. I am bullish on Elevator segment particularly.People are nowadays preferring Residential apartments with Elevator.
The Residential apartments are rising to big heights and it is hard to imagine one without Elevators. There are huge market in India for Elevators business as penetration is still very low. It is mainly present in big apartments and commercial buildings as of now. So retail demand as well as commercial demand will help grow this segment of the Company.
Company will have to penetrate and focus on exports as well to maintain decent growth going forward. It is interesting to see if it can have decent growth in near future. The reason is I do not see much growth scope in other segments Company is operating in.
As of now I am not invested in any Electrical Company and may explore few before making my decision.
In case you are interested then you can track the company by adding it to your stock watch list. That way you can keep close eye on the Company.