Mahindra Logistics Detail
As per the Company website it is one of India’s largest 3PL solutions providers in the Indian logistics industry. It operates in two distinct business segments: Supply Chain Management (SCM) and corporate People Transport Solutions (PTS).
The Company offers below solutions in Logistics sector
- GST ready productive and efficient ware house management
- Rail, Road, Air for domestic and Sea Freight for International.
- In Factory Logistics
- Sequencing, Kits and trolley loading
- People transport solutions
- People transport solutions to IT/ITES and other company employees
- Freight Forwarding
- Partnership with LORDS global network
- Value added services to improve operational excellence
The Company caters industries like Auto and Engineering, Consumer and Pharma, Auto Outbound (exports to different countries), eCommerce and People transport solutions (IT and ITES along with other manufacturing industries).
The Company has strategic investments in below companies for good growth going forward
- 2*2 Logistic private limited
- it has partnered with Indian Vehicle Carriers Logistics Ltd.It offers automotive outbound logistics solutions to four-wheeler and two-wheeler industries.
- Loads MLL
- Acquired majority stake in Lords freight India.It offers services like Airfreight & Ocean freight operations, Customs Brokerage operations, Airfreight Inbound & Outbound Services, Project Cargo services- Domestic & International, PMO support- Critical Implementations, FCL/LCL services.
- Transtech Logistics (Shipx)
- ShipX is a SAAS (Software as a Service) based Transport Management Solution (TMS) platform that serves the supply chain automation needs for 3PLs, shippers, and transporters.
I have shared long term price performance chart of the Company below.As per Dow theory of technical analysis price performance over a period of time reflects Company state.
Mahindra Logistics Stock Performance
The stock is recently listed on stock exchanges. It got listed in year 2017 at listing price of 430. It performed well after listing and soon hit 600 mark in few months from listing giving excellent returns to investors.
Since then it has under performed and is now trading close to 500 mark giving decent returns to investors. Since the Company is newly listed one should not make much out of the stock price movement.
The Company is paying regular dividends which is one definite plus point for the Company.
Mahindra Logistics My Opinion
Mahindra Logistics is a Logistics Company. Logistics is an evergreen sector. People will send items from one place to other. They will have to store the items. Also with growing work force and shift works people will avail transport service (paid company transport services).
The People transport system is a unorganized sector. Most of the Companies avail local players as there are no established players available in market. With growing employee concerns and security issues Companies will prefer to have established players for their Employee transport facility. This move from Unorganized to Organized established player will help Mahindra Logistics.
The recent eCommerce boom and consumer willing to buy International goods will force Companies to import and export products across countries. This will propel growth in Logistics sector (In bound and Out bound both). This trend will help Companies like Mahindra logistics.
I will be tracing this Company as it is in exciting sector. I will also compare with other Companies of this sector. Note It is Mahindra Group of Company so there is no doubt about management pedigree. One should always consider companies with excellent management pedigree for portfolio.
In case you are interested then you can track the company by adding it to your stock watch list. That way you can keep close eye on the Company.