Triveni Engineering & Industries Ltd Detail
As per the Company website it is operating in two different business areas of Sugar and Engineering. Below are the business operations areas Company operates in
- Sugar – India’s leading Sugar manufacturer and have 7 Sugar mills
- Co Generation – It has 6 Co generation plants with combined capacity of 100 MW
- Distillery – One of the largest single stream molasses based distilleries in India
- Shagun – FMCG brand catering products like Atta, Maida, Besan, Sooji, Poha, Daliya , Bura and Jaggery.
- Gear and Gear Boxes – It is is the largest manufacturer of high speed gears and gearboxes in India for steam turbines, gas turbines, compressors, pumps, blowers. It also manufactures niche low speed gearboxes for mini Hydel turbines, Steel mills, sugar mills, rubber mixers and extruders, cement mills. Thermal plants, plastics etc
- Water and Waste water treatment solutions
- Collection, distribution and Supply of Water
- Water treatment
- Waste water and Sewage treatment
- Recycle and reuse of waste water
It also holds 21.8% equity capital of Triveni Turbine Limited. Triveni turbine is in business of Steam turbine. It is largest steam turbine Company in India with market share of 60% approx.
The Company has head office in Noida and registered office in Saharanpur. Both the offices are located in UP.
I have shared long term price performance chart of the Company below.As per Dow theory of technical analysis price performance over a period of time reflects Company state.
Triveni Engineering & Industries Ltd Stock Performance
The stock got listed in year 2005 at price of 64. It has decent three years after listing giving good returns to investors and did recover fast from the Global crisis in 2008. It is in year 2012 that this stock suffered great deal when it slumped from 100 levels to less than 50 levels (around 20 odd levels).
As of now it is in recovery mode by touching 100 levels once in recent past and currently trading around 50 odd levels. Investors have not made any positive money if you consider IPO listing price and current price.
Triveni Engineering & Industries Ltd My Opinion
Triveni Engineering & Industries Ltd is a Sugar Company. It should not be clubbed as Sugar Company. The correct description would be Diversified as the business operations are totally different.
Sugar and Engineering are two entirely different segment. As you might have noticed most Sugar Companies have ventured in Co generation to cut short on operations costs and get some revenue from power. The Distillery also adds in revenue and is area most Sugar companies operate on.
But the Shagun brand catering various daily use items, Gear and Gear boxes catering Industrial equipment segment and Water and waste water management dealing with Water treatment are entirely different business verticals.
The business areas are growth sector. Water treatment is segment of future as World is lacking drinkable water, Gear and Gear boxes are also growth sectors and Sugar is cyclic but evergreen sector.
So company is operating in good sector and it is yet to see how well it manages all the sectors and create value for investors. You can definitely track the Company and see progress before making a decision.
In case you are interested then you can track the company by adding it to your stock watch list. That way you can keep close eye on the Company.