As per the Company website it is one of the leading Ice cream companies in India. Over the years it has diversified its operations into five business units as mentioned below.
- Ice Cream
- It makes 10 lakh candies per day
- 8 lakhs ice cream cups per day
- 150+ flavors of ice cream
- Unique products like Ice cakes and No sugar ice cream
- Leading player of Industrial Gases
- 12 depots across India catering 3,000 clients
- It also prepares Gas regulators and Cylinders and Canisters
- Dairy Business
- Different flavored Milks under brand name Power Sip
- Milk products like butter and Ghee
- Quick Treat
- Processed food division of Vadilal
- The products are imported to countries like US, UAE and Australia among others
- First and the Only Forex Advisory Company in India with ISO 9001:2008 Certification.
- It is one of the top three players in Forex advisory market
- It serves all categories of clients from MNCs and Listed Corporate to MSMEs
I have shared long term price performance chart of the Company below.As per Dow theory of technical analysis price performance over a period of time reflects Company state.
Vadilal Stock Performance
The stock has been a constant performer over a period of time. If you see the absolute performance then it has given more than 60 times return in above long term price performance chart.
It does have regular period of consolidation and non performance but it has not given negative returns over long term. The stock has steady rise showing better performance year after year. It is also consistent dividend payer over years. This also helps investors get some passive returns over their investment.
Vadilal My Opinion
Vadilal is a Food Processing Company. Most of its business operations are that of Food processing. It also have different business operations like Chemicals and Forex. These two sectors are entirely different than Food processing sectors like Ice cream and Milk products. The Quick retreat sector is yet another ready to eat and ready to serve food processing segment of the Company.
Now lets look into different segments Company operates in. The segments like Ice Cream, Milk Products are evergreen sector with consistent demand over the years. Ice Cream is one of the favored deserts gaining popularity due to climate of India. With growth in spending power of Indian costly ice cream will be in demand.
Though there are many players in Milk products and Ice cream sector but the market size is huge. So there is scope for Companies to grow.
The Company is combination of sectors which are business to consumer and business to business. Chemicals (Industrial Gases) are business to business segment.Forex is related to Finance sector.
The Company has diversified operations. It is important to see how well it manages different operations. Chemicals and Forex are entirely different from each other. The other Food Processing verticals are entirely different from these two segment.
In case you are interested then you can track the company by adding it to your stock watch list. That way you can keep close eye on the Company.